|“||“As I sipped my drink that evening, I was approached by Percy Fawcett, famous explorer and hunter of the Lost City of Z!”|
Famous Explorers are real-world celebrities of the Victorian Era. One will be your main rival during the campaign, and others may randomly offer to join you for a single trek along the way.
- do not take up any character slots in your party;
- do not have a Loyalty attribute;
- do not have Experience Levels and thus cannot be promoted;
- have a base carrying Capacity of only 1;
- have a unique drawback among their abilities;
- have pre-set Equipment that cannot be changed in any way.
Note: Famous Explorer equipment has the same level as the current Campaign year (1 in 1886, 2 in 1887 etc.). Remember to take this equipment into account as it may alleviate an explorer's drawbacks (e.g. Isabella Bird is slower to start travel but has a Hiking Stick to reduce tile costs.)